Cream Marinated Grilled Chicken
Don’t you love when you do something on accident in the kitchen and it turns out to be one of the best things you’ve ever done?? That’s what happened with this chicken. I had a pack of chicken thawed for dinner and was desperate for something different to do with it. I stood in front of the fridge for a while, then moved on to standing in front of the pantry and then it came to me – chicken tenders marinated in cream!
Yeah, it sounded weird to me too but I decided to go for it and see what happened. It was a delicious miracle! The chicken turned out so tender and juicy and the flavor was a-MAH-zing! Hubby now requests this chicken at least twice a week…every week!
Creamy Marinated Grilled Chicken
- 1 pound chicken (can be tenders, breasts, thighs or strips)
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp thyme (I used dry so use more than just one 1 tbsp if you use fresh)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Celtic sea salt and black pepper
- If you’re using strips or tenders then just throw the already cut pieces in a big ziploc bag – cut breasts and thighs into thinner, smaller pieces so they can soak up the marinade
- In a small bowl mix together the cream, lemon juice, thyme, dijon mustard, sea salt and black pepper
- Pour the marinade over the chicken in the ziploc and let it marinade for at least 20 minutes – make sure you really squeeze the bag all around so all of the chicken gets to bathe in the yumminess
- Once your grill is heated, place the chicken on the racks straight from the marinade bag – the excess marinade will drip off and the rest will cook right into the chicken
- Once it’s cooked through and juices are running clear, bump your chest a few times and declare yourself the master of grilled chicken!!